Complete symphonies and concertos / Glazunov
- Glazunov, Aleksandr Konstantinovich, 1865-1936
- Uniform Title:
- Orchestra music. Selections
- [London] : Warner Classics, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- I︠U︡din, Gavriil I︠A︡kovlevich, 1905-1991
Serebrier, José, 1938-
Pine, Rachel Barton, 1974-
Romanovsky, Alexander, 1984-
Chisson, Marc, 1957-
Serov, Alekseĭ, 1983-
Glazunov, Aleksandr Konstantinovich, 1865-1936
Royal Scottish National Orchestra
Rossiĭskiĭ nat︠s︡ionalʹnyĭ orkestr
- Symphony No. 3 in D major, op. 33 -- Symphony No. 9 in D major, "Unfinished" / orch. Yudin -- Symphony No. 2 in F sharp minor, op. 16 -- Symphony No. 1 in E major, op. 5 "Slavyanskaya" -- Symphony No. 4 in E flat major, op. 48 -- Symphony No. 7 in F major, op. 77 "Pastoral" -- Symphony No. 5 in B flat major, op. 55 -- The Seasons, op. 67 -- Symphony No. 6 in C minor, op. 58 -- La Mer, op. 28 -- Introduction and Dance from Salome, op. 90 -- Symphony No. 8 in E flat major, op. 83 -- Raymonda : Suite from the ballet, op. 57a -- Violin Concerto in A minor, op. 82 -- Chant du ménestrel, op. 71 -- Piano Concerto No. 2 in B major, op. 100 -- Concerto in E flat major of alto saxophone and string orchestra, op. 109 -- Piano Concerto No. 1 in F minor, op. 92 -- Rêverie in D flat major for horn and orchestra, op. 24 -- Concerto Ballata in C major for cello and orchestra, op. 108 -- Méditation in D major for violin and orchestra, op. 32.
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- Op. 67 is a ballet in one act, op. 90, incidental music to a play by Oscar Wilde.
Previously issued separately, 2004-2011.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Royal Scottish National Orchestra (1st-13th works) ; Russian National Orchestra (14th-21st works), José Serebrier, conductor. Rachel Barton Pine, violin (14th and 21st works) ; Wen-Sinn Yang, cello (15th and 20th works) ; Alexander Romanovsky, piano (16th and 18th works) ; Marc Chisson, alto saxophone (17th work) ; Alexey Serov, horn (19th work).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Concertos recorded 2010 April 3-7 Svetlanov Hall, Moscow International Performing Arts Centre.
Remainder recorded 2004 January 6-2009 June 5 Henry Wood Hall, Glasgow.
View MARC record | catkey: 16631210