Camera graeca : photographs, narratives, materialities / edited by Philip Carabott, Yannis Hamilakis and Eleni Papargyriou
- Centre for Hellenic Studies King's College London. Publications ; 16
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I IMAG(IN)ING THE NATION -- 1.The Three-way Mirror: Photography as Record, Mirror and Model of Greek National Identity / John Stathatos -- 2.Greece as Photograph: Histories, Photographies, Theories / Alexandra Moschovi -- 3.Photographing Greece in the Nineteenth Century: An Overview / Aliki Tsirgialou -- 4.Doors into the Past: W.J. Stillman (and Freud) on the Acropolis / Frederick N. Bohrer -- 5.Photographing the Present, Constructed with the Past: Pascal Sebah's Photographic Mediation of Modernisation in Nineteenth-century Greece / Heather E. Grossman -- pt. II PHOTOGRAPHIC NARRATIVES, ALTERNATIVE HISTORIES -- 6.The Photographic and the Archaeological: The `Other Acropolis' / Fotis Ifantidis -- 7.Greece through the Stereoscope: Constituting Spectatorship through Texts and Images / Eleni Mouzakiti -- 8.Archaeology of Refraction: Temporality and Subject in George Seferis's Photographs / Theodoros Chiotis -- 9.Textual Contexts of Consumption: The Greek Literary Photobook / Eleni Papargyriou -- pt. III PHOTOGRAPHIC MATTER-REALITIES: PHOTOGRAPHY AS PROPAGANDA -- 10.Once Upon a Time in Asia Minor: Arnold and Rosalind Toynbee's Frames of the Greco-Turkish War in Anatolia (1919--1922) / Georgios Giannakopoulos -- 11.Nelly's Iconography of Greece / Katerina Zacharia -- 12.War Photographs Re-used: An Approach to the Photograph Collection of the Memorial Museum of the Battle of Sarandaporo / Eleni Kouki -- pt. IV PHOTOGRAPHIC ETHNOGRAPHIES: THE DISPERSAL OF PHOTOGRAPHIC OBJECTS -- 13.From `Here and Now' to `Then and There': Reflections on Fieldwork Photography in the 1960s / Margaret E. Kenna -- 14.Pictures of Exile, Memories of Cohabitation: Photography, Space and Social Interaction in the Island of Ikaria / Elena Mamoulaki -- 15.Shepherds as Images, Shepherds with Images: Photographic (Re)engagements in Sfalda, Crete / Konstantinos Kalantzis -- 16.Projecting Places: Personal Photographs, Migration and the Technology of (Re)location / Penelope Papailias.
- 9781472424761 (hardcover ; alk. paper)
147242476X (hardcover ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Edward J. and Eleanor Black Nichols Library Endowment Fund; 2015
View MARC record | catkey: 16632950