Faces of culture / produced by Coast Community College District ; presented by KOCE-TV; producers, Ira R. Abrams, John Bishop
- Revised edition.
- Physical Description:
- 26 videodiscs (approximately 30 min. each) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Abrams, Ira R.
Coast Telecourses (Firm)
Coast Community College District
KOCE-TV (Television station : Huntington Beach, Calif.)
- [no. 1]. The nature of anthropology -- [no. 2]. The nature of culture -- [no. 3]. How cultures are studied -- [no. 4]. Language and communication -- [no. 5]. Psychological anthropology -- [no. 6]. Alejandro Mamani -- [no. 7]. Patterns of subsistence: food foragers and pastoralists -- [no. 8]. Patterns of subsistence: food producers -- [no. 9]. Economic anthropology -- [no. 10]. The Highland Maya -- [no. 11]. Sex and marriage -- [no. 12]. Family and household -- [no. 13]. The Yucatec Maya -- [no. 14]. Kinship and descent, part I -- [no. 15]. Kinship and descent, part II -- [no. 16]. Age, common interest, and stratification -- [no. 17]. The Aymara -- [no. 18]. Political organization -- [no. 19]. Social control -- [no. 20]. Religion & magic-- [no. 21]. The Asmat of New Guinea -- [no. 22]. The arts -- [no. 23]. New Orleans Black Indians -- [no. 24]. Culture change -- [no.25]. Cricket the Trobriand way -- [no. 26]. The future of humanity.
- Provides an introduction to cultural anthropology. The nature, origins, and diversity of cultures are discussed. The relationships between religion, personality, art, language, and culture are explored. Methods of grouping within culture, common forms of political organization, economic and social stratification, and subsistence patterns are also explored.
- Video File Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file DVD video
- Originally issued as VHS videocassettes by Coast Telecourses between 1983 and 1994.
Use copies of video content now fragile in original format. Media conversion undertaken based on Fair Use analysis. Copies created in 2015.
Originally produced as a telecourse in 1983.
Penn State users only. Not for Interlibrary Loan.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrators: Kate Porter and David Carradine.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 16633211