La Brea and beyond : the paleontology of asphalt-preserved biotas / edited by John M. Harris
- Additional Titles:
- Paleontology of asphalt-preserved biotas
- Los Angeles, California : Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, September 15, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 174 pages : illustrations (some color), maps, graphs, tables ; 26 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Harris, John Michael
Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
- Science series / Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County ; no. 42
- The owls (Aves: Strigiformes) of Rancho La Brea / Kenneth E. Campbell, Jr., and Zbigniew M. Bochenski -- Microevolution of jaw shape in the dire wolf, Canis dirus, at Rancho La Brea / Alexandria L. Brannick, Julie A. Meachen, and F. Robin O'Keefe -- A pathological timber wolf (Canis lupus) femur from Rancho La Brea indicates extended suyrvival after traumatic amputation injury / Eric Scott and others -- Dental microwear textures of carnivorans from the La Brea Tar Pits, California, and potential extinction implications / Larisa R.G. DeSantis and others -- The bacula of Rancho La Brea / Adam Hartstone-Rose and others -- Last years of life and season of death of a Columbian mammoth from Rancho La Brea / Joseph J. El Adli and others -- Equus accidentalis Leidy from "Asphalto," Kern County, California / Kristen E. Brown, William A. Akersten, and Eric Scott -- The addition of Smilodon fatalis (Mammalia: Carnivora: Felidae) to the biota of the Late Pleistocene Carpinteria asphalt deposits in California, with ontogenetic and ecologic implications for the species / Christopher A. Shaw and James P. Quinn -- Perusing Talera : overview of the Late Pleistocene fossils from the tar seeps of Peru / Kevin L. Seymour -- "Tar pits" of the western neotropics : paleoecology, taphonomy, and mammalian biogeography / Emily L. Lindsey and Kevin L. Seymour -- A new mammal assemblage from the Late Pleistocene El Breal de Orocual, northeast of Venezuela / Andrew Solorzano, Ascanio D. Rincon, and H. Gregory McDonald -- Sample preparation for radiocarbon dating and isotopic analysis of bone from Rancho La Brea / Benjamin T. Fuller and others -- New technique to remove asphalt from microfossil-rich matrix from Rancho La Brea / Karin Rice and others.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 16633378