Theatre and social media / Patrick Lonergan
- Lonergan, Patrick
- London ; New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- x, 94 pages ; 18 cm.
- Theatre &
- Introduction -- Social Media and Performance. The Pre-Histories of Social Media -- Computers and Theatre -- Social Media as Performance Space: the 2009 Iranian "Rooftop Poems" -- Defining Social Media -- Social Media in Theatre. Precursors: Patrick Marber's Closer -- Social Media in Theatre: Thematic Approaches -- Social Media in Theatre: Formal Innovations -- Performing Authorship, Performing Consumers. Once the musical on stage and online -- Conclusions.
- "Social media has become an increasingly prevalent aspect of our lives, used daily by many people. In this timely study, Patrick Lonergan examines the relationship between social media and theatre. He argues that social media is itself a performance space, analysing how it's used by both theatres and audiences and also in connection with each other"--
- 9781137463708 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 87-90) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16634072