Secular scriptures : modern theological poetics in the wake of Dante / William Franke
- Franke, William
- Columbus, Ohio : The Ohio State University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- pages cm.
- Literature, religion, and postsecular studies
- Dante and the secularization of religion through literature -- "Enditynges of worldly vanitees": truth and poetry in Chaucer as compared with Dante -- Prophecy eclipsed: Hamlet as a tragedy of knowledge -- Blind prophecy: Milton's figurative mode in Paradise Lost and in some early poems -- The logic of infinity in European Romanticism: Blake or Leopardi? -- The linguistic turning of the symbol: Baudelaire and his French symbolist heirs -- "The missing all": Emily Dickinson's apophatic poetics -- The dialectical logic of William Butler Yeats's Byzantium Poems -- The religious vocation of secular literature: Dante and postmodern thought.
- 9780814212929 (cloth : alk. paper)
0814212921 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780814251973 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0814251978 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16634085