An Indian winter / Russell Freedman ; paintings and drawings by Karl Bodmer
- Freedman, Russell, 1929-2018
- New York : Holiday House, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 88 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 x 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Bodmer, Karl, 1809-1893
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Relates the experiences of a German prince, his servant, and a young Swiss artist as they traveled through the Missouri River Valley in 1833 learning about the territory and its inhabitants and recording their impressions in words and pictures.
- Bodmer, Karl, 1809-1893—Travel—Missouri River Valley—Juvenile literature
- Wied, Maximilian, Prinz von, 1782-1867—Travel—Missouri River Valley—Juvenile literature
- Bodmer, Karl, 1809-1893—Travel—Missouri River Valley
- Wied, Maximilian, Prinz von, 1782-1867—Travel—Missouri River Valley
- Indians of North America—Missouri River Valley—Social life and customs—Juvenile literature
- Travelers—Missouri River Valley—Biography—Juvenile literature
- Indians of North America—Missouri River Valley
- Missouri River Valley—Description and travel—Juvenile literature
- Missouri River Valley—Description and travel
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 85-86) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 1681402