Other country : Barry Lopez and the community of artists / James Perrin Warren
- Warren, James Perrin
- Tucson : The University of Arizona Press, 2015.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 209 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
- List of Illustrations -- Acknowledgments -- Abbreviations for Books / Barry Lopez --Prologue: Other Country -- Part I. Captured Light -- 1. Learning to See: Barry Lopez and Robert Adams -- 2. Forms of Geography: Robert Adams's Faith in the Light -- 3. Leaning into the Light: Aesthetic Communities in Arctic Dreams -- Part II. Fields of Correspondence -- 4. Going Over: Alan Magee and Desert Notes -- 5. Imaginary Countries: Magee, River Notes, and Winter Carnival -- 6. The Ongoing Collaboration: Magee, Field Notes, and Resistance -- Part III. Opening Fields -- 7. Long Lines and Earth Art -- 8. Mapping Home Ground -- 9. Soundscapes and the Resonance of Place -- Epilogue: Another Geography -- Notes -- Bibliography -- Index
- "A deep concern with landscape, animals, indigenous cultures, and essential moral values runs through Other Country as author James Perrin Warren reveals the dynamic relationship between Barry Lopez and the artistic community in their quest to lead cultural change"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780816500550 (cloth ; alk. paper)
081650055X (cloth ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 197-202) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16826174