The magic key : the educational journey of Mexican Americans from K-12 to college and beyond / edited by Ruth Enid Zambrana and Sylvia Hurtado
- Austin : University of Texas Press, 2015.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 301 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Zambrana, Ruth E. and Hurtado, Sylvia, 1957-
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Setting the Context -- 1.Locked Doors, Closed Opportunities: Who Holds the Magic Key? / Sylvia Hurtado -- 2.History's Prism in Education: A Spectrum of Legacies across Centuries of Mexican American Agency; Experience and Activism 1600s-2000s / Jason Rivera -- 3.Trend Analyses from 1971 to 2012 on Mexican American/Chicano Freshmen: Are We Making Progress? / Sylvia Hurtado -- pt. II Conceptual Understandings -- 4.An Intersectional Lens: Theorizing an Educational Paradigm of Success / Sylvia Hurtado -- 5.Parental Educational and Gender Expectations: Pushing the Educational Trajectory / Rebeca Burciaga -- 6.Examining the Influence of K-12 School Experiences on the Higher Education Pathway / Brianne A. Davila -- pt. III Contemporary College Experiences -- 7.The Ivory Tower Is Still White: Chicana/o-Latina/o College Students' Views on Racism, Ethnic Organizations, and Campus Racial Segregation / Sylvia Hurtado -- 8.Campus Climate, Intersecting Identities, and Institutional Support among Mexican American College Students / Sylvia Hurtado -- pt. IV Implications for Educational Policy and Future Practices in P--16 Pathways and Beyond -- 9.Mexican American Males' Pathways to Higher Education: Awareness to Achievement / Victor B. Saenz -- 10.The Role of Educational Policy in Mexican American College Transition and Completion / Frances Contreras.
- Report Numbers:
- Z UA380.8 M272ke
- 9781477303702 (cloth ; alk. paper)
1477303707 (cloth ; alk. paper)
9781477307250 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
1477307257 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16829489