The benchmarking book [electronic resource] : a how-to-guide to best practice for managers and practitioners / Tim Stapenhurst
- Stapenhurst, Tim
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier/Butterworth-Heinemann, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xli, 454 pages) : illustrations
- PART I: What is Benchmarking?; Methods of Benchmarking; PART II: The Benchmarking Process; Phase 1 -- Internal Preparation: Selecting a Project and Commissioning a Team; The Team Begins Work; Identifying and Selecting Benchmarking Participants; Metrics and Data; Normalization; How to Identify Benchmarking Metrics; Reviewing and Finalizing Metrics; The Importance of Operational Definitions and How to Create Them; Finalizing the Project Plan and Gaining Management Support; Inviting and Working with Participants. Phase 2 -- Benchmarking Performances: Effective Acquisition of Complete Accurate Data; Turning Data into Recommendations; Finalizing the Report and Other Deliverables. Phase 3 -- Improving Performance: From Report to Improvement; Beyond the Numbers: Gathering Information from Participants; Implementation Considerations; Copying with Understanding; PART III: Managerial and Organizational Aspects of Benchmarking: Management Roles and Responsibilities; An Introduction to Legal Issues and Working with Consultants; PART IV: Case Studies: Benchmarking IT at Citigroup; The Drilling Peformance Review -- The Evolution of a Benchmarking Club; Benchmarking Local Government Services; The Best Practice Club; Bibliography.
- With growing demands for increased operational efficiency and process improvement in organizations of all sizes, more and more companies are turning to benchmarking as a means of setting goals and measuring performance against the products, services and practices of other organizations that are recognized as leaders. The Benchmarking Book is an indispensable guide to process improvement through benchmarking, providing managers, practitioners and consultants with all the information needed to carry out effective benchmarking studies. Covering everything from essential theory to important consi.
- 9780080943329 (electronic bk.)
0080943322 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16831747