Bioconjugate techniques / Greg T. Hermanson
- Hermanson, Greg T.
- Amsterdam : Elsevier/Academic Press, 2013.
- Third edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvii, 1,146 pages) : illustrations
- Front Cover; Bioconjugate Techniques; Copyright Page; Dedication; Contents; Preface to the Third Edition; Acknowledgments; Health and Safety; Intellectual Property; Important Information; 1. Introduction to Bioconjugation; 1. What is Bioconjugation?; 2. Bioconjugation Strategy and Design; 2.1. Start with the Application in Mind; 2.2. Designing the Optimal Bioconjugate; 3. The Applications of Bioconjugates; 3.1. Assay and Quantification; Bioconjugates Used in Heterogeneous Immunoassays; Bioconjugates for Enzyme-Linked Immunoassays; Chemiluminescent Acridinium Ester Conjugates.
Fluorescent Oligonucleotide Probes; Molecular Scaffolds to Increase Assay Sensitivity; Bioconjugates Used in Homogeneous Assays; Bioconjugates for FRET Assays; Molecular Beacons and TaqMan Probes; Bioluminescence Resonance Energy Transfer (BRET); Protein Fragment Complementation Assays: Split Reporters; Mass Tags for Quantitative Mass Spectrometry; Limiting Nonspecificity in Bioconjugate Designs; 3.2. Detection, Tracking, and Imaging; Fluorescently Labeled Antibodies and Streptavidin; FRET Based Protease Probes; Interacting Proteins or Domains; Probing by Chemoselective Ligation.
Proximity Ligation Assays; Staining with Antibody-Enzyme Conjugates; Bioconjugates for Western Blot Detection; Bioconjugates for Super Resolution Microscopy; 3.3. Purification, Capture, and Scavenging; Purification using Immobilized Affinity Ligands; Immunoprecipitation Techniques; Affinity Capture of Post-Translational Modifications; Affinity Capture using Active Site Binding Probes; Affinity Capture of Recombinant Fusion Proteins; Covalent Fusion Tag Technology; Scavenging of Contaminants or Unwanted Components; 3.4. Catalysis and Chemical Modification.
Immobilized Proteases for Proteomic Analysis; Immobilized Reactors in Bioengineering; 3.5. Therapeutics and in vivo Diagnostics; Bioconjugates for Cancer Therapy; Antibody Targeting for Biotherapeutics; Polymeric Scaffolds and Nanoparticles for Biotherapeutic Conjugates; Antibody-Directed Enzyme Prodrug Therapy; Radiolabeled Bioconjugates for Cancer; Boron Neutron Capture Therapy; Photodynamic Therapy; Diagnostic Bioconjugates for In Vivo Imaging; Bioconjugates for Radio Imaging; Bioconjugates for High-Contrast Imaging; NIR Fluorescent Conjugates for In Vivo Imaging.
3.6. Vaccines and Immune Modulation; Cancer Vaccines; Immunogen Conjugates in the Production of Antibodies; 4. Summary; 2. Functional Targets for Bioconjugation; 1. Modification of Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins; 1.1. Protein Structure and Reactivity; Amino Acids; Nucleophilic Reactions and the pI of Amino Acid Side Chains; Secondary, Tertiary, and Quaternary Structure; Prosthetic Groups, Cofactors, and Post-Translational Modifications; Protecting the Native Conformation and Activity of Proteins; Oxidation of Amino Acids in Proteins and Peptides.
- Bioconjugate Techniques, 3rd Edition, is the essential guide to the modification and cross linking of biomolecules for use in research, diagnostics, and therapeutics. It provides highly detailed information on the chemistry, reagent systems, and practical applications for creating labeled or conjugate molecules. It also describes dozens of reactions, with details on hundreds of commercially available reagents and the use of these reagents for modifying or crosslinking peptides and proteins, sugars and polysaccharides, nucleic acids and oligonucleotides, lipids, and synthetic polymers. *Offers a one-stop source for proven methods and protocols for synthesizing bioconjugates in the lab *Provides step-by-step presentation makes the book an ideal source for researchers who are less familiar with the synthesis of bioconjugates *Features full color illustrations *Includes a more extensive introduction into the vast field of bioconjugation and one of the most thorough overviews of immobilization chemistry ever presented.
- 9780123822406 (electronic bk.)
0123822408 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16831886