Catecholamine research in the 21st Century [electronic resource] : abstracts and graphical abstracts, 10th International Catecholamine Symposium, 2012 / Lee E. Eiden
- Conference Author:
- International Catecholamine Symposium (10th : 2012 : Pacific Grove, Calif.)
- London : Academic Press, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (276 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Eiden, Lee E.
- Front Cover; Catecholamine Research in the 21st Century; Copyright Page; Contents; Preface; THEME A: CATECHOLAMINE BIOSYNTHESIS AND STORAGE; 1. Genetic Manipulation of Catecholamine Signaling in the Mouse; 2. AADC Deficiency: Occurring in Humans; Modeled in Rodents; Treated in Patients; 3. Tyrosine Hydrolylase and Dopamine Beta-Hydroxylase: Role of Common Genetic Variation in Adrenergic Responses to Stress and ... ; 4. Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Properties of Etamicastat, a New DBH Inhibitor: Comparison to Nepicastat., 10. Dynamic Regulation of Tyrosine Hydroxylase Gene Expression by Key Fate-Determining Transcription Factors during Dopaminergi ... 11. Analysis of Tyrosine Hydroxylase Isoforms and Phosphorylation in Parkinson's Disease; 12. Non-dopaminergic Neurons Partly Expressing Dopaminergic Phenotype: Functional Significance and Regulation; 13. Developing Brain as an Endocrine Organ: Catecholamines Secretion and Endocrine Action; 14. Brainstem DOPAergic System; 15. Imaging Norepinephrine Transporters in Humans; Translational Research with PET., 16. Imaging the Vesicular Monoamine Transporter (VMAT2) in Neurodegenerative Diseases17. GTP Cyclohydrolase Regulation: Implications for Brain Development and Function; 18. Neonatal Diagnosis of Menkes Disease by a Pattern of Plasma Catechols; 19. Catecholamine Metabolites Affected by the Copper-Dependent Enzyme Dopamine-Beta-Hydroxylase Provide Sensitive Blood and Csf ... ; 20. Are the Enzymes of the Catecholamine Biosynthetic Pathway Locally Synthesized in the Axon?, and 21. Effects of Missense Mutations in Tyrosine Hydroxylase (TH) Found in Patients with Neurological Disorders Attributed to TH D ... 22. Tetrahydrobiopterin Deficiency Impairs Postnatal Increase of TH Protein via Insufficient Dopamine Biosynthesis; 23. Selective Ablation of Dopamine Beta-Hydroxylase Neurons (Subpopulation of TH Neurons) in the Brain: New Insights into Brain ... ; 24. Neural Circuit Mechanism for Learning Dependent on Dopamine Transmission: Roles of Striatal Direct and Indirect Pathways in ...
- Through the use of extended graphical abstracts and some traditional text-only abstracts this collection provides, a record of and roadmap to, the research presented at The Tenth International Catecholamine Symposium (XICS) held in September of 2012. Organized around ten general themes, each is introduced by a short overview identifying interesting research programs, results and potential areas of growth. The collection is a roadmap to key research and future opportunities for new catecholamine research programs and will be of interest to neuroscientists and clinical neurologists interested.
- 9780128000731 (electronic bk.)
0128000732 (electronic bk.)
View MARC record | catkey: 16832024