Regulated cell death. Volume 545, Part B. Necroptotic, autophagic and other non-apoptotic mechanisms / edited by Avi Ashkenazi, James A. Wells and Junying Yuan
- Additional Titles:
- Necroptotic, autophagic and other non-apoptotic mechanisms
- San Diego, CA : Academic Press, 2014.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiii, 337 pages, 26 pages of plates) : illustrations (some color)
- Additional Creators:
- Ashkenazi, Avi, Wells, James A. (James Allen), 1950-, and Yuan, Junying
- Methods in enzymology, 0076-6879 ; v. 545
- Assays for necroptosis and activity of RIP kinases -- IAP family of cell death and signaling regulators -- Activation of the NLRP3 inflammasome by proteins that signal for necroptosis -- Characterization of the ripoptosome and its components: implications for anti-inflammatory and cancer therapy -- Tools and techniques to study ligand-receptor interactions and receptor activation by TNF superfamily members -- Necrotic cell death in Caenorhabditis elegans -- Noncanonical cell death in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans -- Autophagy and cell death in the fly -- Structural studies of death receptors -- Use of E2~ubiquitin conjugates for the characterization of ubitquitin transfer by RING E3 ligases such as the inhibitor of apoptosis proteins -- Muiltidimensional profiling in the invetigation of small-molecule-induced cell death.
- This volume covers research methods in apoptosis focusing on the important areas of intrinsic pathway, extrinsic pathway, caspases, cellular assays and post-apoptotic effects and model organisms; as well as topics on necroptosis and screening approaches.
- 1322012024 (electronic bk.)
9781322012025 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 16832205