Challenging the mafia mystique : Cosa Nostra from legitimisation to denunciation / Rino Coluccello
- Coluccello, Salvatore, 1962-
- Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2016.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 260 pages ; 23 cm
- Machine generated contents note: 1.The Origins of the Mafia as a Criminal Phenomenon and as a Spirit -- 2.The Abolition of Feudalism, Mafia in the Unified Kingdom and I Mafiusi di la Vicaria -- 3.Public and Private Enquiries on the Criminal Consortium ... but the Mafia Doesn't Exist -- 4.Mafia and Politics in Sicilian Society at the End of the 19th Century: The Notarbartolo Affair, the Formation of `Sicilianism' and Consolidation of the Mafia Mystique -- 5.The Literature of Defence and the `Heresy' of Don Sturzo -- 6.The Popular Legitimisation of the Mafia: The Beati Paoli and the Mafioso as an Avenger -- 7.Fascism and the Surrender of the Mafia, the Allied Invasion and the Return of the Villains -- 8.The Breaking Point: Danilo Dolci and a New Image of the Mafia -- 9.Leonardo Sciascia: The Writer as the Public Conscience.
- 9781137280497 hardcover and 1137280492 hardcover
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16833393