Small animal laparoscopy and thoracoscopy / edited by Boel A. Fransson, Philipp D. Mayhew
- Ames, Iowa : Wiley Blackwell, 2015.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xviii, 354 pages) : illustrations (chiefly color).
- Additional Creators:
- Fransson, Boel A. (Boel Anita), Mayhew, Philipp D. (Philipp David), and American College of Veterinary Surgeons. Foundation
- Advances in veterinary surgery
- Small Animal Laparoscopy and Thoracoscopy; Contents; Contributors; Foreword; Foreword; Preface; Acknowledgments; About the Companion Website; History of Small Animal Laparoscopy and Thoracoscopy; SECTION I Laparoscopic Skills; 1 Surgeons' Skills Training; Adding Minimally Invasive Surgery to the Surgical Repertoire; Basic Laparoscopic Skills; Simulation Training Models; Physical Simulation Models: Box Trainers; Virtual Reality Simulation; Hybrid Training Models: Augmented Reality; Video Games in Laparoscopic Skills Training; Proof of Utility of Video Games., Ergonomic ConsiderationsPlanning Coordination and Efficiency; Fully Equipped Minimally Invasive Surgery Suite: Hybrid Rooms; References; Suggested Reading; 4 Surgical Instrumentation; 4.1 Surgical Instrumentation; Instrument Design; Forceps; Scissors; Tissue Retractors; Needle Holders and Suturing Devices; Laparoscopy Packs; 4.2 Trocars and Cannulas; The Trocar, Cannula, and Sheath; Cannula; Seal; Obturator; Trocar-Cannula Placement; Veress Needle Technique; Direct Insertion Technique; Hasson Technique; Types of Trocar Assemblies; Disposable Trocar Assemblies; Nondisposable Trocar Assemblies., Extracorporeal SuturingIndications; Technique; Slip Knots; Automated Suturing Devices; Using the Endo Stitch; References; SECTION II Equipment; 3 Imaging Equipment and Operating Room Setup; Imaging Equipment; Imaging Chain; Telescopes; Light Sources; Light Cables; Endoscopic Video Cameras; Display Monitors, Auxiliary Screens, and "All-in-One" Video Systems; Insufflators; Capture and Storage of Images and Video; Video Carts and Ceiling Booms; Integrated and Intelligent Operating Rooms; Operating Room Setup; Preparation for Open Surgery; Considerations for a Minimally Invasive Theater or Suite., Future Incorporation of Video Games Into Training ProgramsConclusion; The Optimal Training Program; Tasks and Goals; Motivation; Feedback; Opportunity to Practice; Self-training; References; 2 Minimally Invasive Suturing Techniques; Introduction to Laparoscopic Suturing; Needle Holders for Laparoscopic Suturing; Suture Materials for Minimally Invasive Suturing; Conventional Sutures; Suture Needles; Barbed Suture; Intracorporeal Suturing Technique; Cannula Placement; Needle Introduction; Needle Positioning; Techniques for Knot Tying: Simple Interrupted Sutures; Continuous Suture Patterns., and Trocar Assembly-Related ComplicationsVascular Injury; Visceral Injury; References; 4.3 Miscellaneous Surgical Instrumentation; Specimen Retrieval Bags; Suction and Irrigation Devices:; Wound Protector and Retractor Devices:; Morcellators; References; 5 Energy Devices and Stapling Equipment; Electrosurgical Theory; Waveforms; Monopolar Electrosurgery; Safety of Monopolar Electrosurgery; Bipolar Electrosurgery; Tissue Fusion Device; Ultrasonic Dissector; Clips and Staple Applicators; References; 6 Single-Incision Laparoscopic Surgery; Development of a New Platform.
- Small Animal Laparoscopy and Thoracoscopy provides a comprehensive reference to laparoscopy and thoracoscopy, with step-by-step guidance for surgical techniques ranging from basic to advanced. Acts as both a quick reference to specific techniques and as a comprehensive resource to small animal laparoscopy and thoracoscopy Guides the reader through each step of the surgical techniques Takes a clinically oriented approach, with tips on safely and quickly performing procedures throughout Part of the Advances in Veterinary Surgery series copublished with the American College of Veterinary.
- 1118845919 electronic bk., 1118845978 electronic bk., 9781118845912 electronic bk., 9781118845974 electronic bk., 1118845900, 111884596X, 9781118845905, and 9781118845967 hardcover
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16834696