Andy Warhol was a hoarder : inside the minds of history's great personalities / Claudia Kalb
- Kalb, Claudia
- Washington, D.C. : National Geographic, 
- Physical Description:
- 320 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Marilyn Monroe -- Howard Hughes -- Andy Warhol -- Princess Diana -- Abraham Lincoln -- Christine Jorgensen -- Frank Lloyd Wright -- Betty Ford -- Charles Darwin -- George Gershwin -- Fyodor Dostoevsky -- Albert Einstein.
- "Was Andy Warhol a hoarder? Did Einstein have autism? In this surprising and inventive look at the evolution of mental health, respected journalist Claudia Kalb gives readers a glimpse into the lives of high-profile historic figures through the lens of modern psychology, weaving groundbreaking research into biographical narratives that are deeply embedded in our culture. From Marilyn Monroe's borderline personality disorder to Charles Darwin's anxiety, Kalb provides compelling insight into a broad range of maladies, using historical records and interviews with leading mental health experts, biographers, sociologists, and other specialists. Packed with fascinating revelations, this smart narrative brings a new perspective to one of the hottest new topics in today's cultural conversation"--
- 9781426214660 hardcover
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 16836978