Process models and theoretical geomorphology / edited by M.J. Kirkby
- Chichester ; New York : Wiley & Sons, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 417 pages : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Kirkby, M. J.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- British Geomorphological Research Group symposia series
- TECTONIC AND GENERAL APPROACHES: Randomness in geomorphological process response models / F. Ahnert -- Apatite fission track analysis / R.W. Brown et al. -- Tectonic models of passive margin evolution and their implications for theories of long term landscape development / A.R. Gilchrist and M.A. Summerfield -- A quantitative expression for external forces / K. Kashiwaya -- An evolutionary model for the coastal range, Eastern Taiwan / J.C. Lin -- CHANNEL PROCESSES: The physical modelling of braided rivers and deposition offine grained sediment / P.J. Ashworth et al. -- Interrelationships between bedload transfer and riverbed adjustment in mountain rivers: an example from Squaw Creek, Montana / P.E. Ergenzinger et al. -- Towards a model of changes in bed material texture at the drainage basin scale / S. Rice -- A theory of channel and floodplain responses to alternating regimes and its application to actual adjustments in the Hawkesbury River, Australia / R.F. Warner -- Analytical approach to flow resistance in gravel bed channels with vegetated banks / R. Masterman and C.R. Thorne -- VALLEY HEADS: Landscape dissection and drainage area slope thresholds / D.R. Montgomery and W.E. Dietrich -- Influence of slope/stream coupling on process interactions on eroding gully slopes: Howgill Fells, Northwest England / A.M. Harvey -- Hydrogeomorphology modelling with a physically based river basin evolution model / G. Willgoose et al. -- Thresholds and instability in stream head hollows / M.J. Kirkhy -- Theoretical constraints on the development of surface rills: mode shapes, amplitude limitations and implications for nonlinear evolution / D.S. Loewenherz-Lawrence -- APPLICATIONS: Variation in runoff on steep, unstable loess slopes near Lanzhou, China / T. Muxart et al. -- Modelling hydrogeomorphic processes to assess the stability of rehabilitated landforms, Ranger Uranium Mine, Northern Territory, Australia / S.J. Riley -- Applications of a numerical model for shore normal sediment size variation / D.P. Horn.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 1699647