The Poverty Point culture : local manifestations, subsistence practices, and trade networks / edited by Kathleen M. Byrd
- Baton Rouge, La. : Geoscience Publications, Dept. of Geography and Anthropology, Louisiana State University, 1991.
- Physical Description:
- v, 203 pages : illustrations, maps ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Byrd, Kathleen M., 1949- and Poverty Point Conference (1986 : Poverty Point State Commemorative Area)
- Geoscience & man ; vol. 29
- Poverty Point culture and site: Definitions / Clarence H. Webb -- Poverty Point development as seen at the Cedarland and Claiborne sites, southern Mississippi / James E. Bruseth -- New directions in Poverty Point settlement archaeology: An example from northeast Louisiana / Tristram R. Kidder -- A summary of Poverty Point investigations in the Yazoo Basin, Mississippi / Geoffrey R. Lehmann -- Catahoula - An amphibious Poverty Point Period manifestation in eastern Louisiana / Jon L. Gibson -- The Avoyelles- St. Landry area of south-central Louisiana in Poverty Point times / James A. Fogleman -- Poverty Point North and some thoughts on origins / Stephen Williams -- The Elliott's Point Complex: New data regarding the localized Poverty Point expression on the northwest Florida Gulf Coast, 2000 B.C. -500 B.C. / Prentice M. Thomas, Jr. and L. Janice Campbell -- Terral Lewis: Recapitulation / H. F. Gregory -- Bottomland resources and exploitation strategies during the Poverty Point Period: Implications of the archaeological record from the J. W. Copes site / H. Edwin Jackson -- Investigating settlement strategies at Cowpen Slough, a Late Archaic-Poverty Point site in Louisiana / A. F. Ramenofsky -- The Late Archaic-Poverty Point trade network / Brent W. Smith -- Lithic technology and cultural complexity in the Poverty Point Period / Jay K. Johnson -- Foreign lithics of the Poverty Point Period in the Yazoo Basin / Geoffrey R. Lehmann.
- Largely based on papers presented at the Poverty Point Conference, held at the Poverty Point State Commemorative Area, near Epps, La., May 20-21, 1986.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 1699659