The Color of Love : Racial Features, Stigma, and Socialization in Black Brazilian Families / Elizabeth Hordge-Freeman
- Hordge-Freeman, Elizabeth, 1979-
- Austin : University of Texas Press, 2015.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 311 pages ; 24 cm.
- Louann Atkins Temple women & culture series ; book forty
- Introduction : the face of a slave -- What's love got to do with it? Racial stigma and embodied capital -- Black bodies, white casts : racializing and gendering bodies -- Home is where the hurt is : affective capital, stigma and racialization -- Racial fluency : reading between and beyond the color lines -- Mind your blackness : embodied capital and spatial mobility -- Antiracism in transgressive families -- Conclusion : the ties that bind.
- 9781477302385 (cloth : alk. paper), 1477302387 (cloth : alk. paper), 9781477307885 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 1477307885 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 285-300) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 17026568