Knowledge is beautiful / David McCandless
- McCandless, David
- New York, NY : Harper Design, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 255 pages : illustrations, maps ; 26 cm
- Life. Media ; Health ; Food ; Transport -- Mind. Ideas ; Science ; Tech ; Thought -- Culture. Society ; Pop ; History ; Money -- World. Global ; Business ; Nature ; Space ; Simple.
- Delves into the world of visualized data where stunning infographics that blend the facts with their connections, contexts, and relationships make information meaningful, entertaining, and beautiful. and "In this sequel to the bestselling book The Visual Miscellaneum, author David McCandless uses stunning and unique visuals to reveal unexpected insights into how the world really works. Every day, every hour, every minute we are bombarded with information, from television, from newspapers, from the Internet, we're steeped in it. We need a way to relate to it. Enter David McCandless and his stunning infographics, simple, elegant ways to interact with information too complex or abstract to grasp any way but visually. McCandless creates visually stunning displays that blend the facts with their connections, contexts, and relationships, making information meaningful, entertaining, and beautiful. And his genius is as much in finding fresh ways to provocatively combine datasets as it is in finding new ways to show the results" --
- 9780062188229 (pbk.) and 0062188224 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the John D. Vairo Libraries Endowment; 2016
View MARC record | catkey: 17026851