African American and Cherokee nurses in Appalachia : a history, 1900-1965 / Phoebe Ann Pollitt
- Pollitt, Phoebe
- Jefferson, North Carolina : McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 228 pages ; 23 cm.
- Contributions to southern Appalachian studies ; 37
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Historical Overview of Segregated Health Care in Appalachia -- pt. II History of Individual States and the Qualla Boundary -- Georgia -- Kentucky -- North Carolina -- Qualla Boundary -- Tennessee -- Virginia -- West Virginia.
- "Few career opportunities were available to minority women in Appalachia in the first half of the 20th century. Nursing offered them a respected, relatively well paid profession and their work was important in challenging healthcare inequities in the region"--
- 9780786479658 paperback ; alkaline paper and 0786479655 paperback ; alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 17027186