Critical thinking and writing for nursing students / Bob Price, Anne Harrington
- Transforming nursing practice series
- Part 1: Understanding thinking, reflecting and writing. Critical thinking -- Reflecting -- Scholarly writing -- Part 2: Critical thinking and reflecting in nursing contexts. Making sense of lectures -- Making sense of demonstrations, seminars and workshops -- Making sense of clinical placements -- Making use of electronic media -- Part 3: Expressing critical thought and reflection. Critiquing evidence-based literature -- Writing the analytical essay -- Writing the reflective essay -- Building and using your portfolio of learning.
- "This book is a clear and practical guide to help students develop critical thinking, writing and reflection skills. It explains what critical thinking is and how students should use it throughout their nursing programme. This new edition also provides an innovative new framework that helps students appreciate different levels of critical thinking and reflection to help nursing students appreciate the requirements of degree level study. The book demonstrates the transferable nature of critical thinking and reflection from academic contexts to the real practice of nursing"--Publisher's description.
- 9781473925083 paperback
- "Meeting the NMC Standards and Essential Skills Clusters"--Title.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2015
View MARC record | catkey: 17027201