Image processing for hazard recognition in on-board weather radar
- Rand, Timothy W.
- November 18, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Ruokangas, Corinne C., Uckun, Serdar, and Kelly, Wallace E.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A method of providing weather radar images to a user includes obtaining radar image data corresponding to a weather radar image to be displayed. The radar image data is image processed to identify a feature of the weather radar image which is potentially indicative of a hazardous weather condition. The weather radar image is displayed to the user along with a notification of the existence of the feature which is potentially indicative of the hazardous weather condition. Notification can take the form of textual information regarding the feature, including feature type and proximity information. Notification can also take the form of visually highlighting the feature, for example by forming a visual border around the feature. Other forms of notification can also be used.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20080007469.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 17028164