Thermoelectric materials with filled skutterudite structure for thermoelectric devices
- Fleurial, Jean-Pierre
- May 30, 2000.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Meisner, Gregory P., Morelli, Donald T., Borshchevsky, Alex, and Caillat, Thierry
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A class of thermoelectric compounds based on the skutterudite structure with heavy filling atoms in the empty octants and substituting transition metals and main-group atoms. High Seebeck coefficients and low thermal conductivities are achieved in combination with large electrical conductivities in these filled skutterudites for large ZT values. Substituting and filling methods are disclosed to synthesize skutterudite compositions with desired thermoelectric properties. A melting and/or sintering process in combination with powder metallurgy techniques is used to fabricate these new materials.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20080006926.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 17028416