Variable geometry inlet design for scram jet engine
- Guinan, Daniel P.
- April 26, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Drake, Alan, Andreadis, Dean, and Beckel, Stephen A.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The present invention relates to an improved variable geometry inlet for a scram jet engine having at least one combustor module. The variable geometry inlet comprises each combustor module having two sidewalls. Each of the sidewalls has a central portion with a thickness and a tapered profile forward of the central portion. The tapered profile terminates in a sharp leading edge. The variable geometry inlet further comprises each module having a lower wall and a movable cowl flap positioned forward of the lower wall. The movable cowl flap has a leading edge and the leading edges of the sidewalls intersect the leading edge of the cowl flap.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20080005108.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 17028756