Methods and apparatus for improving sensor performance
- Kaiser, William J.
- May 18, 1993.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Waltman, Steven B., Van Zandt, Thomas R., Reynolds, Joseph K., and Kenny, Thomas W.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Methods and apparatus for improving performance of a sensor having a sensor proof mass elastically suspended at an initial equilibrium position by a suspension force, provide a tunable force opposing that suspension force and preset the proof mass with that tunable force to a second equilibrium position less stable than the initial equilibrium position. The sensor is then operated from that preset second equilibrium position of the proof mass short of instability. The spring constant of the elastic suspension may be continually monitored, and such continually monitored spring constant may be continually adjusted to maintain the sensor at a substantially constant sensitivity during its operation.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20080004282.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 17029550