Cell membranes / Lukas Buehler
- Buehler, Lukas K.
- New York, NY : Garland Science, Taylor & Francis Group, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 382 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 28 cm
- Pt. I. The outer limits of life : the structure and dynamics of cell membranes. The role of membranes in cells and organisms ; The molecular organization of cell membranes ; The structures of membrane proteins ; The biological diversity of membrane lipids ; The shape of membranes and their transformations -- Pt. II. The living membrane : the function of cell membranes. Separation : membranes as surface and interface ; Exchange : membrane crossings ; Integration : membranes as gatekeepers of information ; Metabolism : growing membranes, sustaining cells -- Appendix A : Amino acids as building blocks of proteins -- Appendix B : Detergents and micelles -- Appendix C : Strategies for high-resolution structure determination for membrane proteins.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Don and Marion MacKinnon Library Endowment in Biotechnology; 2015.
Purchased with funds from the Don and Marion MacKinnon Library Endowment in Biotechnology; 2015
- Endowment Note:
- Don and Marion MacKinnon Library Endowment in Biotechnology
View MARC record | catkey: 17036341