The transition handbook : from oil dependency to local resilience / Rob Hopkins
- Hopkins, Rob, 1968-
- White River Junction, Vt. : Green Books, 2008.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 240 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Tantalising glimpses of resilience -- The head : why peak oil and climate change mean that small is inevitable. Peak oil and climate change ; The view from the mountain-top ; Why rebuilding resilience is as important as cutting carbon emissions ; Why small is inevitable -- The heart : why having a positive vision is crucial. How peak oil and clime change affect us : "post-petroleum stress disorder" ; Understanding the psychology of change ; Harnessing the power of a positive vision ; A vision for 2030 : looking back over the transition ; Kinsale : a first attempt at community visioning -- The hands : exploring the transition model for inspiring local resilience-building. The transition concept ; How to start a transition initiative ; The first year of transition, Town Totnes ; The viral spread of the transition concept -- Some closing thoughts.
- The Transition Handbook is a ground-breaking book that shows how we can move from feeling anxiety and fear in the face of "peak oil" to developing a positive vision and taking practical action to create a more self-reliant existence.
- 9781900322188 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 225-236) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Benzak Foundation American Environmental History Collections Endowment at the Penn State Libraries; 2015.
Purchased with funds from the Benzak Foundation American Environmental History Collections Endowment at the Penn State Libraries; 2015
View MARC record | catkey: 17037436