Ferromagnetic Microwire Composites [electronic resource] : From Sensors to Microwave Applications / by Hua-Xin Peng, Faxiang Qin, Manh-Huong Phan
- Peng, Hua-Xin
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- 1st ed. 2016.
- Physical Description:
- XVI, 245 pages 137 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Qin, Faxiang, Phan, Manh-Huong, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Introduction -- Fabrication of ferromagnetic wires -- Domain structure and properties of GMI materials -- Giant Magnetoimpedance: Concept, Theoretical Models, and Related Phenomena -- Giant Magnetoimpedance: Concept, Theoretical Models, and Related Phenomena -- Influence of measurement parameters on giant magnetoimpedance -- Influence of processing parameters on G -- Selection of GMI wires for sensor applications -- Giant magnetoimpedance sensors and their applications -- Multifunctional microwire composites: concept design and fabrication -- Basic magnetic and mechanical properties of microwire composites -- Microwave tunable properties of microwire composites -- Microwire-based metacomposites.
- Situated at the forefront of interdisciplinary research on ferromagnetic microwires and their multifunctional composites, this book starts with a comprehensive treatment of the processing, structure, properties and applications of magnetic microwires. Special emphasis is placed on the giant magnetoimpedance (GMI) effect, which forms the basis for developing high-performance magnetic sensors. After defining the key criteria for selecting microwires for various types of GMI sensors, the book illustrates how ferromagnetic microwires are employed as functional fillers to create a new class of composite materials with multiple functionalities for sensing and microwave applications. Readers are introduced to state-of-the-art fabrication methods, microwave tunable properties, microwave absorption and shielding behaviours, as well as the metamaterial characteristics of these newly developed ferromagnetic microwire composites. Lastly, potential engineering applications are proposed so as to highlight the most promising perspectives, current challenges and possible solutions. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 17037781