Selling empire : India in the making of Britain and America, 1600-1830 / Jonathan Eacott
- Eacott, Jonathan
- Chapel Hill : Published for the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture, Williamsburg, Virginia, by the University of North Carolina Press, 
- Physical Description:
- vii, 455 pages ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Omohundro Institute of Early American History & Culture
- Machine generated contents note: 1."Those Curious Manufactures That Empire Affords": India Goods and Early English Expansion -- 2.An Imperial Compromise: The Calico Acts, the Company, and the Atlantic Colonies -- 3.Enforcement, Aesthetics, and Revenue -- 4.A Company to Fear: India and the American Revolution -- 5.Empires, Interlopers, Corruption, and America's Early India Trade -- 6.Remapping Production, Rethinking Monopolies -- 7.The French Wars and the Refashioning of Empire -- 8.Conversions.
- 9781469622309 (cloth ; alk. paper)
1469622300 (cloth ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 17038113