Ecocriticism and geocriticism : overlapping territories in environmental and spatial literary studies / edited by Robert T. Tally Jr. and Christine M. Battista
- Geocriticism and spatial literary studies
- Ecocritical Geographies, Geocritical Ecologies, and the Spaces of Modernity / Robert T. Tally Jr. and Christine M. Battista -- Geocriticism Meets Ecocriticism: Bertrand Westphal and Environmental Thinking / Eric Prieto -- Ecocritical and Geocritical Conjunctions in North Atlantic Environmental Multimedia and Place-Based Poetry / Derek Gladwin -- Noncommittal Commitment: Alien Spaces of Ecocosmopolitics in Recent World Literature / Ted Geier -- Affective Edgelands: Wildness, History, and Technology in Britain's Postindustrial and Postnatural Topographies / Tom Bristow -- 'The sea was the river, the river the sea': The Severn Estuary and the Bristol Channel in Robert Minhinnick and Philip Gross / Louise Chamberlain -- Black Jungle, Beautiful Forest: A Postcolonial, Green Geocriticism of the Indian Sundarbans; Luca Raimondi -- Outside Within: Natural Environment and Social Place in Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca / Stanka Radović -- Joseph Hall's Mundus Alter et Idem and the Geosatirical Indictment of the English Crown / Dan Mills -- Nature and the Oppressed Female Body in Nora Okja Keller's Ecofeminist Aesthetics / Silvia Schultermandl -- Toward an Environmental Imagination of Displacement in Contemporary Transnational American Poetry / Judith Rauscher.
- "Ecocriticism and Geocriticism: Overlapping Territories in Environmental and Spatial Literary Studies presents an interdisciplinary collection of essays which address the complementary and contested aspects of these related, but sometimes conflicting, approaches to literature, cultural, and society in the twenty-first century"--
- 9781137553676 (hardback) and 1137553677 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 17038145