Patient engagement : a consumer-centered model to innovate healthcare / Guendalina Graffigna, Serena Barello, Stefano Triberti (eds.) ; managing editor: Aneta Przepiorka ; associate editor: Pietro Cipresso ; language editor: Matthew Coleshill
- Innovating healthcare in the era of patient engagement: challenges, opportunities, & new trends / Guendalina Graffigna, Serena Barello -- Giving (back) a role to patients in the delivery of healthcare services: theoretical roots of patient engagement / Guendalina Graffigna, Serena Barello, Stefano Triberti -- Modelling patient engagement in healthcare: insight for research and practice / Guendalina Graffigna, Serena Barello -- Positive technology for enhancing the patient engagement experiences / Stefano Triberti, Giuseppe Riva -- Engaging users to design positive technologies for patient engagement: the perfect interaction model / Stefano Triberti, Giuseppe Riva -- Evaluating patient engagement and user experience of a positive technology intervention: the H-CIM case / Stefano Triberti, Serena Barello, Guendalina Graffigna, Giuseppe Riva, Antonio Candelieri, Francesco Archetti -- Engagement-sensitive decision making: training doctors to sustain patient engagement in medical consultations / Serena Barello, Guendalina Graffigna -- Caregiver engagement in the neonatal intensive care unit: parental needs, engagement milestones, and action priorities for neonatal healthcare of preterm infants / Livio Provenzi, Serena Barello, Guendalina Graffigna -- The role of caregivers in the elderly healthcare journey: insights for sustaining elderly patient engagement / Serena Barello, Mariarosaria Savarese, Guendalina Graffigna -- Hospital innovations in the light of patient engagement. Insights from the organizational field / Mara Gorli, Laura Galuppo, Elisa Giulia Liberati.
- The increasing life expectations and the desire for an improved quality of life for people are placing an increasing pressure on Western healthcare systems, which are called upon to innovate their management and services in order to become better aligned with the evolving demand of their client, the bpulic. In this context, making consumers effectively engaged in their health care management is crucial for achieving such goals. Following the Consumer Psychology perspective, this book offers healthcare professionals, policy makers, academics and experts of new technologies a comprehensive theoretical vision on patient engagement. The editors propose concrete tools and insights to promote the engagement of patients in their own healthcare. Rigorous and readable, this timely manifesto presents a new model of patient engagement in healthcare, emphasizing its value in improving patient care, safety, and outcomes and in leading to healthcare innovation. -- Back cover.
- 9783110452433 (hardbound)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Highmark Blue Shield Education Fund; 2015.
View MARC record | catkey: 17040041