Film before film [videorecording] / Kino International Corporation
- Uniform Title:
- Was geschah wirklich zwischen den Bildern?. English
- New York, N.Y. : Kino on Video, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videocassette (83 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 1/2 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Nekes, Werner, 1944-
Kino International Corporation
- The signature series
Behind the screen: stories of cinema
- Director Werner Nekes presents the "prehistory" of cinema by showing various types of motion pictures that led to the birth of the film. Includes shadow plays, peep shows, flip books, flicks, magic lanterns, lithopanes, panoramic scrolls, colorful forms of early animation and numerous other types of historical artifices.
- Dubbed in English.
Series from container.
Videocassette release of the 1985 German film: Was geschah wirklich zwischen den Bildern?
At head of title on container: The ancestors of Cinema.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Cinematography, Bernd Upnmoor; animation, Helmut Herbst; sets, Dore O.; music, Anthony Moore; editor, Astrid Nicklaus.
- Technical Details:
- VHS format.
View MARC record | catkey: 1707812