Researching hospitality and tourism / Bob Brotherton
- Brotherton, Bob
- Los Angeles : Sage Publications, 2015.
- 2nd edition.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 311 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- The Nature and Relevance of Research -- Research Philosophies and Schools of Thought -- Developing the Research Proposal and Plan -- Sourcing and Reviewing the Literature -- Developing the Conceptual Framework -- Choosing the Empirical Research Design -- Collecting the Empirical Data -- Sampling -- Analysing Quantitative Data -- Analysing Qualitative Data -- Writing Up the Research Project.
- "Bob Brotherton offers an uncluttered guide to the key concepts and essential research techniques in hospitality and tourism. By providing an authoritative introduction, students are taken through the issues and decisions that need to be considered to conceive, plan, conduct and write up a research project. With updates to every chapter and an array of practical examples, this new edition takes students step-by-step through each decision and action stage of the research process, from identifying a topic and formulating the research question to carrying out research and analysing findings."--Publisher's website.
- 9781446287552 (paperback) and 1446287556 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 17282196