A first course in the finite element method / Daryl L. Logan, University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- Logan, Daryl L.
- Boston, MA : Cengage Learning, 
- Copyright Date:
- Sixth edition.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 955 pages : illustration (some color) ; 24 cm
- Introduction -- Introduction to the stiffness (displacement) method -- Development of truss equations -- Development of beam equations -- Frame and grid equations -- Development of the plane stress and plane strain stiffness equations -- Practical considerations in modeling; interpreting results; and examples of plane stress/strain analysis -- Development of the linear-strain triangle equations -- Axisymmetric elements -- Isoparametric formulation -- Three-dimensional stress analysis -- Plate bending element -- Heat transfer and mass transport -- Fluid flow in porous media and through hydraulic networks; and electrical networks and electrostatics -- Thermal stress -- Structural dynamics and time-dependent heat transfer.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes blbliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the J. Harvey Fahnestock Endowment for Scientific, Engineering and Rare Books; 2015
- Endowment Note:
- J. Harvey Fahnestock Endowment for Scientific, Engineering and Rare Books
View MARC record | catkey: 17282811