The changing face of motherhood in Spain : the social construction of maternity in the works of Lucía Etxebarría / Catherine Bourland Ross
- Ross, Catherine Bourland
- Lewisburg : Bucknell University Press ; Lanham, Maryland : The Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group, Inc., 
- Physical Description:
- xv, 151 pages ; 24 cm
- Language Note:
- Text in English, some text in Spanish with translations in English.
- Introduction: what it means to be a mother -- What is a mother anyway? the social construction of maternal identity -- Blaming the mother: the mother/child relationship -- Motherhood and religion in Lo verdadero es un momento de lo falso -- What makes a mother: motherhood and sexuality -- The missing link: debunking maternal myths -- Mother love: maternal absence and its effects -- Conclusion: what does mother have to do with it?.
- 9781611487275 hardcover alkaline paper
1611487277 hardcover alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 17283512