The Future of Digital Business Innovation [electronic resource] : Trends and Practices / by Vincenzo Morabito
- Morabito, Vincenzo
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- 1st ed. 2016.
- Physical Description:
- XXI, 185 pages 40 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Part I Digital Systems Trends -- 1 Machine Intelligence -- 2 Wearable Technologies -- 3 Digital Currencies and Distributed Ledgers -- 4 Data Visualization -- 5 Digital Security -- Part II Digital Management Trends -- 6 NeuroIS -- 7 Digital Transformation and IT Ambidexterity -- 8 Digital Business Strategy and IT Alignment -- Part III Digital Innovation Practices -- 9 Innovation Practices -- 10 Conclusion.
- This book identifies and discusses the main challenges facing digital business innovation and the emerging trends and practices that will define its future. The book is divided into three sections covering trends in digital systems, digital management, and digital innovation. The opening chapters consider the issues associated with machine intelligence, wearable technology, digital currencies, and distributed ledgers as their relevance for business grows. Furthermore, the strategic role of data visualization and trends in digital security are extensively discussed. The subsequent section on digital management focuses on the impact of neuroscience on the management of information systems, the role of IT ambidexterity in managing digital transformation, and the way in which IT alignment is being reconfigured by digital business. Finally, examples of digital innovation in practice at the global level are presented and reviewed. The book will appeal to both practitioners and academics. The text is supported by informative illustrations and case studies, so that practitioners can use the book as a toolbox that enables easy understanding and assists in exploiting business opportunities involving digital business innovation.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 17284374