Cardiac CT Imaging [electronic resource] : Diagnosis of Cardiovascular Disease / edited by Matthew J. Budoff, Jerold S. Shinbane
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- 3rd ed. 2016.
- Physical Description:
- XVI, 563 pages 554 illustrations, 248 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Budoff, Matthew J., Shinbane, Jerold S., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Computed Tomography: Overview -- Cardiovascular Computed Tomography: Current and Future Scanning System Design -- Radiation Safety: Radiation Dosimetry and CT Dose Reduction Techniques -- Assessment of Cardiovascular Calcium: Interpretation, Prognostic Value, and Relationship to Lipids and Other Cardiovascular Risk Factors -- Natural History and Impact of Interventions on Coronary Calcium -- The Aorta and Great Vessels -- Methodology for CCTA Image Acquisition -- Post processing and Reconstruction Techniques for the Coronary Arteries -- CTA Large Scale Trials -- Coronary CT Angiography: Native Vessels -- Coronary Angiography After Revascularization -- Assessment of Cardiac Structure and Function by Computed Tomography Angiography -- Perfusion and Delayed Enhancement Imaging -- Pericardial/Myocardial Disease Processes -- Computed Tomography Evaluation in Valvular Heart Disease -- Assessment of Cardiac and Thoracic Masses -- CT Angiography of the Peripheral Arteries -- Aortic, Renal, and Carotid CT Angiography -- Assessment of Pulmonary Vascular Disease -- Comparative Use of Radionuclide Stress Testing, Coronary Artery Calcium Scanning, and Noninvasive Coronary Angiography for Diagnostic and Prognostic Cardiac Assessment -- Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Overview of Clinical Applications -- Computed Tomographic Angiography in the Assessment of Congenital Heart Disease -- CT Imaging: Cardiac Electrophysiology Applications -- An Interventionalist’s Perspective: Diagnosis of Cardiovascular Disease -- CCTA: Cardiothoracic Surgery Applications -- Cardiac CT in the Emergency Room -- Orientation and Approach to Cardiovascular Images.
- This book collates the current knowledge in cardiovascular CT and presents this in a clinically relevant and practical format appropriate for all who use the modality. The field has experienced continued rapid evolution due to advances in technology, the expanded spectrum of cardiovascular applications and significant growth in published data. As increasing numbers have access to CT scanners, Cardiac CT Imaging: Diagnosis of Cardiovascular Disease, Third Edition provides all the relevant information on the use of this modality. This extensive revision of this well-respected textbook brings the reader up-to-date with the technique, with chapters supplied by an experienced set of contributing authors and representing the full spectrum of cardiac CT. It thus represents an essential purchase for those preparing for board examinations, all training to use this modality, and those already using cardiovascular CT on a day-to-day basis who want to stay current.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 17284430