The Sondheim songbook
- West Side story. Something's coming (Larry Kert) (2:36) ; Gee, Officer Krupke (Eddie Roll, Grover Dale, The Jets) (4:01) / music, Leonard Bernstein -- Gypsy. Some people (Ethel Merman) (3:37) ; You gotta have a gimmick (Faith Dane, Chotzi Foley, Maria Karnilova) (3:33) / music, Jule Styne -- Anyone can whistle. Anyone can whistle (Lee Remick) (3:38) ; A parade in town (Angela Lansbury, ensemble) (3:08) ; With so little to be sure of (Harry Guardino, Lee Remick) (5:02) -- Do I hear a waltz? Moon in my window (Julienne Marie, Carol Bruce, Elizabeth Allen) (4:51) ; We're gonna be all right (Stuart Damon, Julienne Marie) (2:24) / music, Richard Rogers -- The mad show. The boy from -- / music, Mary Rodgers (Linda Lavin) (2:33) -- Company. The little things you do together (Barbara Barrie, Charles Kimbrough, Elaine Stritch) (3:04) ; Barcelona (Dean Jones, Susan Browning) (3:17) ; The ladies who lunch (Elaine Stritch) (4:27) ; Being alive (Teri Ralston ... [et al.]) (4:52) -- A little night music. You must meet my wife (Len Cariou, Glynis Johns) (4:05) ; Liaisons (Hermione Gingold) (5:04) ; Every day a little death (Patricia Elliott, Victoria Mallory) (2:26) ; A weekend in the country (D. Jamin-Bartlett ... [et al.]) (6:38) ; Send in the clowns (Glynis Johns) (3:26).
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- Excerpts from musicals; music and/or lyrics by Stephen Sondheim.
Originally released in 1973.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- CD compilation produced by Didier C. Deutsch.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Various performers.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded Sept. 29, 1957-Mar. 18, 1973, New York, N.Y.
View MARC record | catkey: 17285085