Paper & mediums study collection / compiled by Cathleen A. Baker
- Baker, Cathleen
- Additional Titles:
- Paper and mediums study collection
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Legacy Press, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 book, 1 binder, 1 CD-ROM, 3 phase boxes of samples ; in clamshell box, 53 x 37 x 15 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Baker, Cathleen and Legacy Press
- A collection of more than 60 samples of American and European book and writing papers, dating from the 18th-21st centuries, representing both handmade and machine-made papers. Examples of iron-gall ink and of three printing techniques - relief, intaglio, and lithograph - are also included. All samples are marked and identified, as are the fibers contained in each sample. The samples are described in a database contained in the binder in both hard-copy form and in fileMakerPro and .pdf files on a CD.
- Title from label on box.
Edition size: 30 sets.
Book is: From the hand to the machine : nineteenth-century American paper and mediums: technologies, materials, and conservation / Cathleen A. Baker. Ann Arbor, Mich. : Legacy Press, 2010.
Phase boxes contain samples of: 1. Book papers (42 samples). 2. Writing papers (21 samples). 3. Mediums (7 sets of samples). Each sample is enclosed in an acid-free paper folder.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Herberta Lundegren Libraries Endowment in Music; 2015
- Endowment Note:
- Philip M. and Susan C. Gresh Libraries Endowment
Ada M. Zellers Albright Libraries Preservation Endowment
Class of 1966 Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 17289109