Perfumed sleeves and tangled hair : body, woman, and desire in medieval Japanese narratives / Rajyashree Pandey
- Pandey, Rajyashree, 1953-
- Honolulu : University of Hawaiʻi Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 209 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rethinking body, woman, sex, and agency in medieval Japanese narratives -- The erotics of the body in the Tale of Genji -- The erotics of power in the Tale of Genji -- Woman, love, poetry, and enlightenment : Izumi Shikibu as topos -- "Meditating on the impure body" : the generic transformations of a medieval topos.
- 9780824853549 (cloth ; alk. paper) and 0824853547 (cloth ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 187-197) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 17289350