The toxic schoolhouse / edited by Madeleine Kangsen Scammell, Boston University School of Public Health, Charles Levenstein, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I The Problem -- ch. 1 Who's in Charge of Children's Environmental Health at School? / Claire Barnett -- ch. 2 Who's Sick at School: Linking Poor School Conditions and Health Disparities for Boston's Children / Marlene Camacho -- June 2012 Update on Who's Sick at School Report / Marlene Camacho -- ch. 3 Failing Our Children: Lead in U.S. School Drinking Water / Marc Edwards -- ch. 4 PCBs in School---Persistent Chemicals, Persistent Problems / Robert F. Herrick -- Update on PCBs in School / Robert F. Herrick -- ch. 5 Healthy School Siting and Planning Policies: Linking Public Health, Education, and the Environment / Alison K. Cohen -- pt. II Organizing for Change -- ch. 6 "Serving Two Masters"---An Interview with School Teacher and Union Organizer Debra Askwith / Ema Rodrigues -- ch. 7 "We Can't Give Up, It's Too Important"---Health and Safety Stories from Canadian and U.S. Schools / Dorothy Wigmore -- ch. 8 New Jersey's Union-Centered Healthy Schools Work / Eileen Senn -- ch. 9 Negotiating Indoor Air---Case Report on Negotiation of Teachers' Union, School Board on Air Contaminants / Charles Levenstein -- ch. 10 School Custodians and Green Cleaners: Labor-Environment Coalitions and Toxics Reduction / Rachel Morello-Frosch -- pt. III Advances in Policy -- ch. 11 Integrated Pest Management Policies in America's Schools: Is Federal Legislation Needed? / Jennifer Ames -- ch. 12 Reducing Asthma Triggers in Schools: Recommendations for Effective Policies, Regulations, and Legislation / Joan N. Parker -- ch. 13 Building the New Schoolhouse: The Massachusetts School Building Authority / Charles Levenstein.
- 9780895038517 (paper ; acid-free paper)
089503851X (paper ; acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Karl R. and Diane Wendle Fink Libraries Collections Endowment; 2016
- Endowment Note:
- Karl R. and Diane Wendle Fink Libraries Collections Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 17289533