Bicycle Route 66. Section 6, Oatman, AZ to Santa Monica, CA : 360 miles
- Corporate Author:
- Adventure Cycling Association
- [Missoula, Montana] : Adventure Cycling Association, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map in 16 segments : color ; 47 x 63 cm folded to 21 x 10 cm
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale 1:250,000. 1 in. = approximately 4 miles (W 118°32ʹ00ʺ--W 114°36ʹ00ʺ/N 35°21ʹ00ʺ--N 33°56ʹ00ʺ).
- Panel title.
On verso: field notes, service directory, text, weather diagrams, and ancillary map showing points of interest.
Maps are numbered 90-104. Some maps include insets; some sections unnumbered.
Color panel illustration and location diagram.
Each map segment is accompanied by an elevation profile.
"For over 50 years motorists traveled the legendary U.S. Route 66--popularly known as Route 66 or the Mother Road--from Chicago, Illinois to the Santa Monica Pier in Los Angeles, California. Now it's the cyclists' turn. Bicycle Route 66 follows as much of historic route 66 as is practical for modern-day bicycle travelers, highlighting some of the most well-known sites along the way. While some things have certainly changed, attempts were made to retain the flavor of the era in routing choices. Bicycle Route 66 travels west on bike paths, county roads and state, federal, and interstate highways"--Back panel.
View MARC record | catkey: 17289569