The Jews of prime time [electronic resource] / David Zurawik
- Zurawik, David
- Hanover, N.H. : Brandeis University Press, published by University Press of New England, c2003.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 275 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: on being "too Jewish" in "this weird loop" -- Learning to be "more American", the Goldbergs -- "Write Yiddish, cast British", from Dick van Dyke to Mrs. G -- Prime-time intermarriage I, Bridget loves Bernie -- The dramas-Thirtysomething and Northern exposure -- Intermarriage II (Shiksa goddesses transforming Jewish guys): Anything but love, Flying blind, Mad about you, Brooklyn Bridge, and more -- Intermarriage III (some Jewish women get Gentile guys), Rhoda, The nanny, Dharma & Greg, Friends, Will & Grace -- A "too-Jewish", not-Jewish-enough Jew for the '90s, Seinfeld -- Looping back, breaking ground, and calculating loss, 100 Centre Street, The education of Max Bickford, State of Grace.
- 1584652349 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -262) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 17295317