Nineteenth-century literature criticism. Volume 272 [electronic resource] : criticism of the works of novelists, philosophers, and other creative writers who died between 1800 and 1899, from the first published critical appraisals to current evaluations / Lawrence J. Trudeau, editor
- Literature resource center
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- American Civil War era memoirs and autobiographies -- Wilkie Collins, 1824-1889 : Entry devoted to the novel The woman in white (1860) -- Benjamin Disraeli, 1804-1881 : British statesman, novelist, essayist, playwright, and poet.
- Presents literary criticism on the works of nineteenth-century writers of all genres, nations, and cultures. Critical essays are selected from leading sources, including published journals, magazines, books, reviews, diaries, broadsheets, pamphlets, and scholarly papers. Criticism includes early views from the author's lifetime as well as later views, including extensive collections of contemporary analysis.
- American fiction—19th century—History and criticism
- European literature—19th century
- American literature—19th century
- English literature—19th century
- Literature—Stories, plots, etc
- Literature—History and criticism
- Literature—History and criticism—Theory, etc
- Literature—History and criticism—Early works to 1800
- Literature, Modern—History and criticism—Theory, etc
- Literature, Modern—19th century
- Literature, Modern—19th century—History and criticism
- 9781414485348 (print)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 17296281