The reality of the calorie [electronic resource] / written by the American College of Sports Medicine ; presented by Edward T. Howley ; produced by Healthy Learning
- Sports medicine and exercise science in video
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- The Reality of the Calorie provides an overview of key factors related to the link between caloric expenditure due to exercise and its importance in weight loss and fitness. In this regard, the video reviews several important considerations, including the use of the MET as a measure of exercise intensity, the impact of exercise on the resting metabolic rate, the difference between the energy cost of walking or running a mile, and how moderate exercise may be vigorous.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 24, 2014).
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2014. (Sports medicine and exercise science in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 17301168