Mountain laurels [sound recording] : a choral symphony / by Bruce Trinkley
- Trinkley, Bruce
- State College, PA : State College Centennial, 1996.
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Kunin, Ted
Charnesky, J. Jason
Grucci, Joseph Leonard, 1908-1982
Grosholz, Emily, 1950-
Austin, Deborah S. (Deborah Sands)
Roberts, Dorothy, 1906-1993
Roethke, Theodore, 1908-1963
Knapp, E. H.
McManis, Jack, 1917-1989
Weigl, Bruce, 1949-
Pattee, Fred Lewis, 1863-1950
Drafall, Lynn Ellen
Malafarina, Joseph J.
Hill, Alex E.
Deihl, Ned C.
Miller, D. Douglas
Penn State University Choir
Nittany Valley Symphony
Castalia Trio (Musical group)
Central Pennsylvania Youth Orchestra
Discantus (Musical group)
State College Area High School Concert Choir
Hi-Lo's (Musical group)
Nittany Knights Barbershop Chorus
Penn State Chamber Singers
State College Municipal Band
Pennsylvania Chamber Chorale
Penn State Concert Choir
Penn State Glee Club
- Disc 1. Prologue (Soloists and Penn State Concert Choir) : The message of the West, an Ode / Fred Lewis Pattee, The mountain / Jason Charnesky ; Seasons (Oriana Singers and string orchestra) : Lovely October / Joseph Grucci, Elm trees in the early close of winter / Emily Grosholz, Notebook for May / Deborah Austin, Sun / Melinda Mucha ; Mountain airs I (Madrigal Singers from the State College Choral Society) : Introduction / Maya Spence, Missa Papae Marcelli / Deborah Austin ; Journeys (Penn State Glee Club) : Drypoint, evening of the first snow / Deborah Austin, Spring fever / Emily Grosholz, In almost July / Deborah Austin, I know a road / Joseph Grucci ; Mountain airs II (Pennsylvania Chamber Chorale) : from Gathering of Friends, After the fall of the Sung Dynasty / Emily Grosholz, Furniture / Dorothy Roberts ; Mother nature (State College elementary and middle school choruses : The bat, Mid-country blow / Theodore Roethke, winter fire / Jack McManis, April snow / E.H. Knapp, Dandelions / Deborah Austin, Food songs: the egg, Song to a coy parent / John Haag ; Mountain airs III (Penn State Chamber Singers) : Reading at the arts festival / John Balaban, Song for the thumb piano / John Haag ; Images and elegies (Penn State Concert Choir) : Vernal sentiment, The premonition / Theodore Roethke, Elegy for the swans at grace pond / Bruce Weigl, The apples / Dorothy Roberts, Indian summer / Robert Lima, Haiku trio / Bill Hanson, Distinct / Dorothy Roberts ; Old Mainia, the Penn State college radio hour (texts drawn from Froth Penn State Humor Magazine 1910-1984) ; Overture (State College Municipal Band and combined choruses) : Dandelions in march, The willow ; Frothiana (Nittany Knights Barbershop Chorus) : In the moonlight, Old mother Hubbard, Mary's lamb II, The little ducklings -- disc 2. The grooves of academe, four revolutionary folk songs (The Hi-Lo's) : Freshman plaint, The party, Radical rag / Ron Bonn, I hate the guys who... ; The descant of man, three evolutionary love songs (Discantus) : On anthropoids / Audrey Goldstein, Natural love / Ted Kunin, Burning kisses ; Willow songs, an old college medley (Combinded choruses and the municipal band) : Our farewell toast, The campus, 1912, The willow (reprise) ; Four toccatas (State College Area High School Concert Choir) : Long live the weeds, Reply to censure / Theodore Roethke, Lute song / Robert Lima, Before you inhabit another star / Joseph Grucci ; Summer evenings : Dinner in the courtyard / Emily Grosholz (Castalia Trio), Poem with a moon / John Balaban (Alard Quartet), Eden / Emily Grosholz (Castalia Trio and the Alard Quartet, The eye in the forest / John Haag (Pennsylvania Quintet), Night journey / Theodore Roethke (Combined ensembles), Idyll / Theodore Roethke (Vocal quintet and combined ensembles), Adam's puzzle / Katey Lehman (Vocal quintet and combined ensembles) ; Keystones (State College Choral Society and Nittany Valley Symphony) : Open house / Theodore Roethke, The child of many winters / John Haag, Lieder / Deborah Austin, The summons / Theodore Roethke ; Epilogue (Penn State University Choir) : The fire elms / Jason Charnesky.
- "A choral symphony celebrating the centennial of State College, Pennsylvania"--Container.
Program notes ( p.) inserted in container.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Bruce Trinkley, music ; Central Pennsylvania Poets, lyrics.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Penn State Concert Choir, Oriana Singers and String Orchestra, Madrigal Singers from the State College Choral Society, Penn State Glee Club, Pennsylvania Chamber Chorale, State College Elementary and Middle School Choruses, Penn State Chamber Singers, State College Municipal Band, Nittany Knights Barbershop Chorus, Hi-Lo's, Discantus, State College Area High School Concert Choir, Central Pennsylvania Youth Orchestra, Castalia Trio, Alard Quartet, Pennsylvania Quintet, Nittany Valley Symphony, Penn State University Choir. Conductors: D. Douglas Miller, Lynn Ellen Drafall, Bruce Trinkley, Joseph J. Malafarina, Ned C. Deihl, Jessica Barth, Alex E. Hill, Pu-Qi Jiang, Anthony Leach, Patricia Begg, Tracy Bunnell, Kim Fodor, Jo Henry, Molly McAninch, Amy McMillin.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded in Eisenhower Auditorium, February 24 and 25, 1996.
View MARC record | catkey: 1736092