Forgive us our press passes : selected works by Daniel Schorr, 1972-1998 / [edited by Matthew Passmore and Chip Robertson].
- Schorr, Daniel, 1916-2010
- San Francisco, CA : O'Brien Center for Scholarly Publications, University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- iv, 163 pages : 1 portrait ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Passmore, Matthew and Robertson, Chip
- Editor's preface / by Matthew Passmore and Chip Robertson -- Biography -- Prolegomenon / William Safire -- Introduction / by William Schneider -- Introduction / by Geoffrey Cowan -- Forgive us our press passes -- What are the limitations on freedom of the press? -- The FBI and me -- Manipulation and the media -- A new look at journalistic responsibility -- The press and national security -- Remarks on receiving the First Amendment Award of the Ford Hall Forum -- Commencement address, Case Western Reserve University -- The constitution and the White House: freedom vs. secrecy -- "Psst! Pass it on!" Why are journalists spreading rumors? -- The real world, and where did it go? -- Confession of a journalist at 75 -- The source of evil and the evil of sources -- Spirit of 76 -- The trouble with television : biting the hand that fed me -- Theodore H. White memorial lecture -- The Nixon legacy -- Imagining a global community -- Ten days that shook the White House -- A Jew in journalism -- The first amdnement under pressure.
- 0962695467 (pbk.)
- "A publication in celebration of the twentieth anniversary of the Hastings Communications and Entertainment Law Journal".
View MARC record | catkey: 1737104