The strategy book / Max Mckeown
- Mckeown, Max
- Harlow, United Kingdom : Pearson Education, 2016.
- 2nd edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxv, 241 pages ; 22 cm
- Machine generated contents note: pt. 1 Your strategic self -- Shaping the future -- Thinking before you plan -- Becoming a strategic thinker -- Selling your strategy -- pt. 2 Thinking like a strategist -- Reacting is as important as planning -- Taking risks (jump your uncertainty gaps) -- Looking over your shoulder -- Knowing where the grass (really) is greener -- pt. 3 Creating your strategy -- Seeing the big picture? -- Finding position, intention and direction -- Looking for advantages -- Making strategic decisions and choices -- Adapting to your competitive environment -- pt. 4 Winning with strategy -- Winning strategy games -- Creating new markets -- Getting ahead of your strategic group -- Growing your business (again and again) -- Going global without going broke -- Knowing what you can do best -- pt. 5 Making your strategy work -- Managing your strategy process -- Meetings for strategic minds -- Managing change, making strategy work -- Understanding what can go wrong -- Saving your company from failure -- pt. 6 The Strategy Book toolkit -- The basic (powerful) strategy questions -- SWOT analysis -- Porter's 5 forces of competition -- Porter's generic strategies -- Burgelman's strategy dynamics model -- Porter's value chain and value system -- Core competencies and resource-based view -- Nonaka and Takeuchi's knowledge spiral -- Peters, Athos and Waterman's 7--8 framework -- Scenario planning -- Ansoff's growth grid -- The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) growth share matrix -- Kim and Mauborgne's four actions -- Greiner's growth (and crisis) model -- De Wit and Meyer's strategy tensions -- Cummings and Wilson: orientation and animation -- Lewin's force field analysis -- Kotter's eight phases of change -- Kaplan and Norton's balanced scorecard -- Hrebiniak's model of strategy execution -- Hammer and Champy's business process redesign -- Michaud and Thoenig's strategic orientation -- Burgelman and Grove's strategy bet model -- Argyris's double and single loop learning -- Mintzberg's deliberate and emergent strategy -- Johnson's white space model -- Prahalad and Hart's bottom of the pyramid -- Stacey's strategy from complexity -- Hart's sustainability value framework -- House of strategy -- Innovation + strategy = adaptability.
- 9781292084404 (pbk.) and 1292084405 (pbk.)
- Includes index. and GUIDEBOOK.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 17493352