Techniques of Neurolysis [electronic resource] / edited by Gabor B. Racz, Carl Edward Noe
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- 2nd ed. 2016.
- Physical Description:
- XVI, 211 pages 178 illustrations, 100 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Racz, Gabor B., Noe, Carl Edward, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Introduction -- 2. Epidural lysis of adhesions -- 3. Trigeminal radiofrequency techniques -- 4. Stellate phenol block -- 5. Thoracic and lumbar sympathetic radiofrequency neurolysis -- 6. Cervical, thoracic and lumbar facet denervation -- 7. Celiac neurolytic techniques -- 8. Hypogastric plexus neurolysis -- 9. Ilioinguinal neurolysis -- 10. Phenol, Ethanol and other chemical techniques -- 11. Cryoneurolysis techniques -- 12. Emerging Pulsed Radiofrequency techniques -- 13. Complementary techniques: stimulation, pharmacology -- 14. Evidenced based neurolytic techniques.
- Written and edited by the foremost practitioners of neurolysis, this completely revised and updated second edition assembles the current methods of neurolytic procedures into a single volume. The book explains in great detail trigeminal and radiofrequency techniques, facet joint denervation, cryoneurolysis and lumbosacral, thoracic and cervical neuroplasty. The new concept of the scarring triangle and treatment that may prevent surgical failures is proposed. Neuroaugmentation and complimentary procedures are also covered. Indications, contraindications, and complications of these treatments are discussed along with outcomes on some of the case studies featured in the first edition. Interventional pain physicians, as well as palliative pain physicians, neurosurgeons, and orthopedic spine surgeons, will find this text to be the definitive reference on neurolysis in clinical practice. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 17514030